The Medicine Hat and District Child Care Association will support the child care community by promoting quality outcomes for children 0-12 years of age.
Values of the Association
- Accountability/financial stewardship
- Respect for diversity
- Commitment to quality
- To promote best practices in early childhood environments
- To raise awareness that quality childcare is a vital asset to the community
- Continue to provide professional development opportunities
- Further develop the financial viability of the organization
Commitment to Quality Care
Since 1989, the Association has had a proactive voice in promoting excellence in child care and bringing related concerns to the political forefront.
The Association has been an advocate for the child care community in the following ways:
- Hosted various National Child Day events.
- Organized and presented a variety of professional learning to Early Childhood Educators.
- Recognized outstanding Early Childhood Educators in a monthly newsletter and at various social events.
- Represented the child care field at community resource and employment fairs.
- Provided feedback to local politicians regarding current child care issues and how to improve the level of care provided.
- Maintained connections with the South Region Children’s Services, Association for Early Childhood Educators of Alberta (AECEA), Alberta Resource Center for Quality Enhancement (ARCQE), Alberta Association for the Accreditation of Early Learning and Care Services (AELCS), McMan Parent Link Centre, Alberta Health Services, and Speech Language Works.