If you are operating a child care program, you are eligible to become a regular MHDCCA member.
If you are an individual, agency, or organization that supports our mission and would like to become a member, you are welcome to become an Associate Member. This is also the membership for you if you are in the process of opening a child care program or agency.
If you are an Early Childhood Educator working within one of our member child care programs, you will automatically be offered an Individual membership. Please speak to your director about contacting our coordinator with your name and email address.
If you are interested in becoming a member of Medicine Hat and District Child Care Association, please contact Jennifer Usher, Coordinator for more information.
Why Become a Member of the MHDCCA?
- Meet other Early Childhood Educators and share information and experiences
- Benefit from a partnership with South Region Alberta Children’s Services, community groups, the Medicine Hat Early Childhood Coalition and the Association for Early Childhood Educators of Alberta
- MHDCCA monthly newsletter available to all members and a weekly update too!
- Promote the importance of quality child care to the public, community stakeholders and to the government
- Promote community awareness that Early Childhood Educators should be seen as professionals in their field
Programs receive funding allotments on a yearly basis. This funding is intended to raise the quality of child care that is being provided to children & families.
- Program Administration
- Professional Development
- Multicultural/Inclusive Programming
- Facility Enhancement
In the past, the association has hosted various professional development activities:
- Dr. Jody Carrington
- Connecting, Engaging, and Skill Building in Young Children through Art
- Lisa Murphy, the Ooey Gooey Lady
- Workshops with Dan Hodgins
- Anxiety & Young Children
- Nutrition and Menu Planning in Child Care
- New PD opportunities are being planned for the upcoming year
Staff Recognition, Recruitment and Retention
- Early Childhood Educator Recognition Luncheon
- Early Childhood Educator Annual Retreat and Social Events
- Early Childhood Educator for a Day
- Annual Child Care and Out of School Crawl (Bus Tour)
- Representation of the child care profession at community career days
Licensing and Accreditation
Helpful resource for programs going through licensing and accreditation processes. We can also refer you to other support agencies
If you have questions and/or would like to become a member, please contact:
Jennifer Usher, Coordinator
Medicine Hat and District Child Care Association