If you are operating a child care centre, preschool, out of school care or day home agency in Southeast Alberta, you are eligible to become a regular MHDCCA member.
If you are an Early Childhood Educator working within one of our member child care programs, you will automatically be offered an Individual membership. Please speak to your director about contacting our coordinator with your name and email address.
If you are an individual, agency, or organization that supports our mission and would like to become a member, you are welcome to become an Associate Member. This is also the membership for you if you are in the process of opening a child care program or agency.
Associate Membership application
If you are interested in becoming a member of Medicine Hat and District Child Care Association, please contact the office for more information.
Why Become a Member of the MHDCCA?
- Meet other directors and early childhood educators and share information and experiences
- Benefit from connections with with South Region Alberta Children’s Services, community groups and the Association for Early Childhood Educators of Alberta
- Promote the importance of quality child care to the public, community stakeholders and to the government
- Promote community awareness that early childhood educators should be seen as professionals in their field
In the past, the association has hosted various professional development activities:
- Dr. Jody Carrington
- Connecting, Engaging, and Skill Building in Young Children through Art
- Lisa Murphy, the Ooey Gooey Lady
- Workshops with Dan Hodgins
- Anxiety & Young Children
- Nutrition and Menu Planning in Child Care
- And many more
Recognition, Recruitment and Retention
- We believe that early childhood educators are the heartbeat of early learning and child care and deserve recognition! Our RRR committee works to offer networking, social and conference events.
- We are a helpful resource for programs going through licensing processes. We can connect you with other directors and support agencies for assistance.